"If you treat every person you meet as if he or she were the most important person in the world, you'll communicate that he or she is somebody to you" - John Maxwell
We are starting a brand new series on our Sunday Virtual Gatherings (SVG!). September 28th is World Good Neighbor Day and we thought it would be a good idea to talk about what it means to be a good neighbor this month (especially in this crazy climate we call 2020).
This week we look at 1 John 4 and how loving your neighbor begins with LOVE!
Things Everybody needs to understand about people
1. Everybody wants to be somebody.
We all want significance, to be regarded and valued.
2. Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
The moment people know you care is the moment the way they feel about you changes.
- We need to learn to CARE NO MATTER WHAT!
3. Everybody needs somebody - Community.
There is no such thing as a self-made person - We need each other to accomplish our dreams.
We all need friendship, encouragement and help. Doing things together brings contentment.
4. Everybody can be somebody when we believe and understand them.
Belief and understanding leads to confidence.
5. Helping people is the greatest way to influence people
When we help our neighbors we are actually impacting our communities.
Hope is here
Welcome. We are honored you stopped by to check us out. Please, pull up a chair and hang out for a while. We value your presence and conversation. Feel free to message us any questions or thoughts you may have.